Digital Campus Initiative Application
Start Your Digital Campus in 2021!
COVID-19 has made digital church more important than ever. Even as we re-gather in our buildings, we will need to be "both/and" churches. This is an opportune time to grow virtual ministry, and the Dakotas-Minnesota Area is creating a pathway for qualified leaders to start or formalize a digital campus in 2021.
The Digital Campus Initiative is a comprehensive program for establishing and growing your virtual ministries. It includes:
- Development of the campus leader, a "digitally fluent" individual who can dedicate 20-30 hours per month over the next year to establish and grow the digital campus.
- Extensive training for the campus leader and lead pastor to establish a campus using the model laid out by Nona Jones in her book From Social Media to Social Ministry.
- Continued coaching and peer support throughout the year.
- A grant of $3,000 to to support the campus leader's stipend. Congregations will be expected to contribute at least $1,000 to increase this stipend.
- Grants for the Initiative are limited to 10 congregations from each conference. The application process is expected to be competitive. Those not receiving grants are welcome to participate in the program at no cost.
- Congregations are encouraged to seek out young leaders, ages 16-26, for this position (young adults tend to have stronger orientation toward social media); however, there is no age limit or requirement to apply.
- Apply by Sept 27.
- Training begins Oct. 5; both the campus leader and the lead pastor are expected to participate in training.
- Virtual training sessions (interactive with discussion) are Tuesdays, Oct. 5, Oct 26, Nov 16, 7 to 9 p.m. CT. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for self-study if a session is missed.
- Grants will be distributed in two parts, half after training is completed, half after six months of following the ministry model.
- Applications are to be completed by the digital campus leader.
Deadline for applications is September 27, 2021
Contact Ben Ingebretson with questions regarding the program.
Contact Gail Johnson with questions regarding the application process.
||September 27, 2021 12:00 AM
||Dakotas-Minnesota Area Church Multiplication; Ben Ingebretson, Director